Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Flu

So I have been sick all week with the Flu. I knew I was bound to catch it since I have had at least 6 kids in and out of my classroom with it over the past couple of weeks. So I had a horrible headache Friday at school. It wasn't my typical sinus headaches, it was almost like a tension headache or a migraine. By Saturday I told Ryan I felt like I was getting a cold or something and I started on Zicam. That night I didn't sleep well because of severe body aches. I felt like I had been kicked in the ribs and back by a horse or something! Sunday morning I woke up and could hardly shower without almost bringing myself to tears. Ryan took me to the Minute Clinic where they tested me for Influenza A and it came back positive. Since I had a fever or 101.6, I figured I would be out at least Monday and Tuesday. Our school's requirement is that you are fever free for at least 24 hours without any fever reducing medicine. Well, it is now Wednesday and I am still at home from work. I am planning on going back tomorrow since my fever broke yesterday. Right now I am just feeling exhausted and rundown. I had my favorite substitute cover my class. She is so awesome and it has been wonderful being able to focus on feeling better instead of worrying about my kids. She even dropped off "Get Well" cards that each of my kids made for me yesterday. It brightened my day to read all the sweet notes from my students. I am actually looking forward to going back tomorrow and seeing their sweet little faces :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment