Friday, April 1, 2011

Change Can Be a Good Thing

So most of you know I love my job and absolutely LOVE the people I work with. I think that is part of why change can sometimes be scary. You get comfortable with your colleagues who have become close friends and the routine of your five-day-a-week existance. Midway has been my home for the past 4 years. I didn't know anyone when I moved to Lexington and starting teaching at Midway. I quickly found that I had a family there. My principal, Cheryl, is incredible and has always been a supportive boss and friend. My first and second grade teams are full of caring, helpful, amazing women who have become some of my best friends. I have friends in other grade levels and areas of the school who I don't even get to see everyday, but have come to know rather well. That is why I consider today a life changing day. We found out in the fall that Cheryl is moving to open the new school in our district and serve as principal there. We knew there would be some changes and some of us would be staying at Midway and some moving to Meadow Glen. Today I made the decision to move to Meadow Glen. I will still be teaching first grade :-) I am looking forward to these exciting changes. I will be working for the best principal I know and I have some friends who are moving with me. I will also have an opportunity to expand my horizons, meet new people, and make new friends. I prayed that God would put me in the place HE thought best for me and I am trusting in HIM. I will miss my Midway family, but true friendships will continue no matter where you are. So to all of my firsties that I vent to and laugh with: Andrea, Amy, Karen, Liz, Sudie, Stephany, I love you and look forward to our monthly dinners for years to come. :-)

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! It is an awesome experience to open a new school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made me cry!! I love you and will miss seeing you every day!! You're so strong and kind. You saved me a load of stress when I have enough going on. Thank you, Friend!!! I want everyone to know what a selfless thing you did for me. You've given yourself the gift of fresh nonmoldy air in a new room! That's a plus! You'll do great. I wonder who'll do LEAP now?! YOu rocked that job. (sigh) I'll miss you.

    ReplyDelete