Friday, March 9, 2012

We're Pregnant! 17 weeks













So I realize it has been almost a year since I have posted anything on our family blog! That is just pitiful :-( Haha! Since we have lots of family and friends who live out of town, I decided I better get on top of these posts to keep everyone updated. Thanks to Facebook, most of you already know that we are expecting our first child in August. Our due date is August 17th. We are VERY excited, happy, terrified, etc. I guess all the basic emotions that most first time parents feel. I am currently 17 weeks so officially in my 2nd trimester and feeling great. My 1st trimester wasn't too bad either. I had some waves of nausea and fatigue, but that is about it. I think teaching 22 six-year-olds contributes to the fatigue, but I was literally a walking zombie for most of my 1st trimester. Thank goodness I have a hubby who is a good cook and helps around the house because I am spent by the time I get home in the afternoons. We had our first Ultrasound in January at about 10 weeks. Everything looked great and the heartbeat was really strong. We decided that we want to be surprised and we aren't going to find out the sex until we deliver. It is so funny how much that drives family and friends crazy! I read somewhere that only 30 percent of expectant parents keep the sex a surprise. Well we are in that 30 percent! My brother-in-law and sister-in-law didn't find out the sex of their boys until they were born and it was so fun hearing everyone's guesses and watching all of the excitement. My students keep saying they think I'm having a boy. I guess we will see in August. I will post some belly pictures soon. I hope everyone has a great weekend!

1 comment: